The Journey of Flower (2015) Chinese Drama Review

Misaki PureBlood | August 07, 2017 | | |

For 4 days I did not update my blog since I was watching one of this Chinese drama as you can read the title of my post. I am not sure if some of you already watch this drama before or not. I will not spoiler any episode I have watched from the first day 3 August 2017 until today 7 August 2017. I just finish watch and I can feel my eyes are swollen and my head feels so dizzy effect of crying too much. 

Finally, I finished this drama and I feel satisfied because I want to watch this drama last year but I keep delay =_= I did not know that in Malaysia, they already broadcast it on 8TV. I guess I am a little bit late? 


GENRE: Romance, Fantasy, and Drama

EPISODE: TV broadcast has 58 episode while it should be 54 episode originally. Anywhere I can found, only 50 episode on all drama site.

STATUS: Completed

RATED BY ME: 3/5

As I mentioned, the title of this drama: The Journey of Flower or Huā Qiāngǔ was based on Chinese martial arts novel (xianxia). 

SYNOPSIS:
It starts with the birth of Hua Qiangu who is a female baby born with a strange accent that could attract demons and wither the flowers and plant. Due to this villagers are afraid and hate her as they thought Hua Qiangu as a demon. She never blames the villagers as she was taught by her only father to not do that. Her father died when she reached 16 years old. Before he dies, her father asked her to go to Zu Mountain / Shu mountain to be an apprentice so she can protect herself. She met with Mo dage / brother Mo on that day her dad die and ask him to accompany her for 3 days before she turns 16 as she had never once had a friend. On the 3rd day, she was left alone without brother Mo traces. So she sets her journey to Zu Mountain hoping that one day, she will meet with brother Mo again. 
I would say, you will not have any regret wasting your time watching this 50 long episode drama. Instead, you will feel a mix of emotion from happy, sad, angry and most of the time mad and sad. It will make you question the good people in this drama. Which is right? Which is wrong? but still, my rate is 3/5 only!!! WHY???


The reason why I give this drama 3/5 is that the main character is too innocent, pure and was treated as a trash by some people. Rest assure, cause she also has a lot of decent friend around her. Only certain character make me gone mad. I feel like that kind of character should have been dead long time ago as they think they are right all the time. Not only that, the cheesy CG XD I cannot brain myself when I think about it. It's not that bad, but that CG seriously... Not only that, they drag the episode kinda long (cannot explain more) =_= I am not satisfied with the ending of the drama because I feel like it was not complete. It's finished with a happy ending in the drama but ending not so smooth and seems off. Maybe I need to read the novel.... Ermmmmm... 

This drama totally portrays real world of human feeling. Some bad people are good people, to begin with. Some still have a good heart but treat harshly due to their title. Some people hold justice but in a harsh way. Not only that, this drama show too much emotion a ladies can hold. They can be jealous, too jealous, nice, sad, kind and so on. Some cannot accept the truth and keep making thing harder on other people, even blame and frame others. Some are obsessed and so on. Some people hiding behind their mask. Well too many to write about.

If it was me, I would fall in love with the second lead hero and follow the sister of evil as she treats heroin like his own sister. He also believes in Hua Qiangu no matter what other people say. I don't think this is a spoiler though :P

The OST, I would give thumbs up. I love all opening OST which is Fire of the Heart by F.I.R and second opening OST Eternity by Alan Dawa Dolma. For Ending OST Not To Mention by Wallace Huo and Zanilia Zhao who is the main actor and actress. I love the first opening OST, by the way, :P The ending theme is so sad TT^TT 

If you love historical drama and fantasy drama, and you want to see a spark of romance and sword fighting. In addition, feels the hurtful feeling of falling in love and sacrifice for someone, I suggest you watch this drama.

[THIS MV CONTAIN SPOILER THO]


The reason I wanna watch this drama because I listen to this song. I wonder what drama was this called XD and finished :)

:: Before I forget, there is a sequel to this drama. I suggest, no need to watch. A lot of character is being changed as all of them are being reincarnated. I don't know if this related to the novel or not But I would never watch the second season as I read on Youtube how different the plot and so on ::

So, will you still watch this drama? It's not that bad tho. I even cry, remember??? And it got a high rating and quite popular Chinese drama. This drama even won drama of the year award, okay XD. Give it a try and watch 3-4 episode before you make a decision to drop the series or continue.

P/S: Any drama or series you want to recommend. Please suggest in the comment section below. I will watch the drama XD (I have another 4 Chinese drama I need to watch) Maybe one of your recommendation is on my list XD

Novel Source:


17 comments:

  1. did you already watch my litte princess ? it is a chinese drama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww not yet.. search it just now.. is it good? :) but Mike is the main hero? XD

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. this one on my Korean drama list... wait till I finish Chinese drama :D have another 4 need to finish O.O thanks btw XD

      Delete
  3. Any drama by Zanilla Zhao are good. Try watching Princess Agents. The female lead is a badass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gahhhhhh... that one actually another 4 drama on my list O.O ahahahhaa well she is a good actress XD

      Delete
  4. interesting. actually recently i try search for any movies to watch and now i find it! thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahahaha no problem :) hope you love this review tho XD

      Delete
  5. I dont really into chinese drama. but reading your review makes me think this drama would be awesome to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha XD why not give a try XD well if its not good you can quit tho XD

      Delete
  6. Paling last tgk Fighters Destiny ka yg Luhan plakon utama dia. Tp skrg ntah hilang da episod dia. haha. Tgk entri ni pun menarik. Someday nak try tgk. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. owh yg Luhan berlakon ak tengok lagi TT^TT
      Hilang? O.O ahahahhaha XD
      nanti trylah tgok :D

      Delete
  7. Oh, maybe I should try watching some Chinese dramas later;; never watch them before..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chinese drama actually a good drama especially if involve historical, fantasy... their cloth, their music, their video looks so cool XD

      well you can try watch this one later :)
      except that, usually they have quite long episode O.O

      Delete
  8. i will try to watch chinese drama againnnnn, what is ur recommendation to start with?? :D

    teringat zaman kanak2 riang dulu, suka betul tengok chinese drama yg genre action fantasy macam nie :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool!!! I would suggest Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms... The Journey Flower is good, but I would suggest you watch the other one first XD

      kaaannnnn... dulu selalu tengok cerita Jepun dengan Cina before zaman Jewel in the Palace, cerita Korea yg buatkan Misaki suka dengan cerita Korea XD ahahahahahahha

      Delete