Recipe: Chicken Sotanghon Soup

Misaki PureBlood | Monday, September 01, 2014 | | | | | | |

Kumusta kayo~ Magandang gabi guys~ (kumusta kayo is hello and magandang gabi is good evening. Both are Filipino/Tagalog language) XDD 

Wonder why I speak Tagalog? Its because, I wanna share with you Filipino recipe :D 

It just simple and easy to make.. I make it today for lunch, and surprisingly its so delicious.. bwahahaha (compliment myself) XDD 


(Picture not mine, I forgot to snap it...) 

Sir Ad Joven, I used your picture :) Hope you don't mind..

Ingredient:
  • 200 gram sotanghon (In Malaysia, we called it suhun/suhoon. Some called it as tanghoon. It have the same features as bihun but its not. You can called it as cellophane noodle, bean thread noodle, bean thread, Chinese vermicelli, glass noodle or crystal noodle.
  • 1 cup/bowl/plate chopped or flaked cooked chicken meat (You can use leftover or not. Its depend on you)
  • 6-7 cups chicken stock (Since I doesn't have chicken stock in my wardrobe and I feel lazy to make it. So, I use 1/2 Knorr chicken cubes)
  • 1 mug of water.
  • 2 pieces tomatoes - slice (you can used 1 or 2 depend on the tomatoes size)
  • 2 tablespoon oil (I used 6 tablespoon)
  • 1/2 head of garlic - minced
  • 1/2 medium onion - slice (I used bawang besar but medium size)
  • 1 tablespoon patis (In Malaysia, patis is fish sauce) I have fish sauce in refrigerator, but its already expired??? What??? So I replaced it with Adabi oyster sauce.
  • 4 dried shiitake mushroom (optional) I didn't use since my mom didn't buy it.
  • A bit salt, Ajinomoto and black pepper.
  • Green onion - chopped (optional) Its only for decoration though~
Instruction:
  1. Heat oil in a pan. Sauted (fried) garlic, onion, tomatoes in low to medium heat. Make sure the garlic is not burned.
  2. Add chicken and oyster sauce. Cover and simmer it about 3-4 minutes.
  3. Add a mug of water and chicken cubes. Just leave it like that until its boil.
  4. Add salt, ajinamoto, black pepper.
  5. At last, you can put suhun and wait for 3 minutes. Make sure suhun is tender and cooked.
  6. Put it in a bowl and serve it.
How was it? Was it delicious? :D If you wonder what the is the taste, TRY IT... 

If you wanna add Shiitake mushroom please visit the recipe owner here:

Link: PinoyRecipe

Enjoy~


18 comments:

  1. woah, I love Pinoys food. tp x cukup bahan.. I love sehun(suhun) kekekeeke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right Fina chan :D masakan Asia mmg best hehe..
      hehe.. sehun pun love jugak XDD oopss.. suhun :3

      Delete
  2. bahasa inggerisnya orang panggil glass noodle kan?
    wahhh terliurnyaaa.. biasanya dulu mak selalu buat sayur campur suhun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha'ah diaorang panggil glass noodle tapi tuh nama lain dia :3 haha..
      kan3.. suhun tuh buat dengan apa pun mesti sedap :D
      macam yong, yong tak makan sayur.. tapi suhun mesti makan :D manis sangat :)

      Delete
  3. Awatif nak try la.... suka sngt jenis msakan mcm nih.... hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cubelah try lah nanti :) sedap hehe.. ^__^
      suka makanan Asia ^__^

      Delete
  4. nakakaintinda na.. wow can cook international dishes.. thats pretty awesome
    Now I wonder how does it taste xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is that Tagalog or Japanese @__@
      ehhhhh sound like you tease me.. ahahaha XD
      ehhh.. its delicious lah :D
      believe me.. try yourself.. :) its easy mehh :D

      Delete
    2. Its tagalog that I learn from games before..
      I would love to try and cook them, but first I need to know how the actual things taste like, otherwise it will be syok-sendiri taste xD

      Delete
    3. I see, since it doesn't look Japanese :D ahaha.. most gamerz are Filipino right :D
      anyway what does it means?
      wow cool, try and make it.. it taste delicious.. how should I say.. hurm..
      follow the instruction and taste it.. ahaha XDD

      Delete
  5. If im not mistaken it means you getting better at pinoy.. not sure >.<
    Why don't you tried send me one so I can tell the taste of it first before I cook it hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahaha.. not yet.. I still far from it.. :) but happy though that you say I'm getting better.. hehe XD
      LOL :3 I will sent it through my pet: Snowy Owl.. ahahahhaha..
      Did you receive it already?? bwaahahahaha (sorry too much imagine) ahahaha

      Delete
  6. harini saya makan mihun PAMA je.. tgk gambar makanan tu, dh kira sama la even xsemeriah sotanghon... hihi..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lama tak makan mihun PAMA :D
      ahaha.. kira adik beradik mi lah ahaha..

      Delete
  7. nampak sedap melampau =D hahaa nak cuba, in shaa Allah. thanks sudi share ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. terbaik :D hehe
      memang sodap nih.. wajib cuba XDD
      kalau tak sedap tak share resipi nih kekeke...
      most welcome ^__^

      Delete